Livingston Gun Club Membership Process
Applications for new membership will be accepted only at general membership meetings.
Membership at LGC is by invitation only. Anyone wishing to apply for membership must be sponsored by a current member who will introduce the applicant and personally vouch for his or her eligibility. Members with less than one year at LGC are not eligible to be sponsors.
The steps for induction of new members, in order, are:
- A member in good standing (the sponsor) submits a membership application to the Membership Officer on behalf of someone they wish to sponsor for membership (the applicant).
- The President reserves time at the next general membership meeting for introduction of the applicant.
- At the designated date and time the sponsor introduces the applicant and members in attendance are given an opportunity to ask questions of the applicant and sponsor. When all questions have been answered to the satisfaction of the presiding officer the applicant receives a membership packet with relevant documents in printed and/or electronic form.
- The applicant successfully completes the new member orientation.
- The Executive Committee reviews the application. If everything is found to be in order the President reserves time at a future general membership meeting for consideration of the application.
- At the designated date and time the sponsor introduces the applicant a second time and members in attendance are given an opportunity to ask questions of the applicant and sponsor. When all questions have been answered to the satisfaction of the presiding officer everyone except voting members in good standing are excused and the meeting moves to closed session.
- During the closed session the presiding officer allocates ten minutes for discussion.
- When discussion has ended or time has expired the members are given an opportunity to make a motion to approve the application. If a motion to approve is made and seconded the motion is put to a vote. An application is approved if not more than one vote is negative.
- The sponsor informs the applicant of the members’ decision.
- If the application is approved the applicant submits payment of the infrastructure assessment, dues, and fees and receives member credentials.
- If the application is not approved the applicant is barred from applying for one year.